Building America team members are experts in the field of residential building science and have access to world-class research facilities, partners, and key personnel, ensuring successful progress toward U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) goals.
These teams work with industry partners to design, test, upgrade, and build technologies and high performance homes using strategies that significantly cut energy use. Learn more about Building America research.
On May 9, 2016, the DOE Building America Program selected the latest awards with up to $5.5 million for industry partners. Read the full announcement. Below is a list of the current teams and descriptions of their projects.
- Building Science Corporation
- Center for Energy and Environment
- Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE
- Gas Technology Institute
- Home Innovation Research Labs
- The Levy Partnership Inc.
- Newport Partners LLC
- NorthernSTAR Building America Partnership
- Southface Energy Institute
- Steven Winter Associates Inc.
- University of Central Florida
Building America research projects are supported by DOE national laboratories, which offer extensive scientific and technical R&D expertise for building technologies and improved building practices.
They support the goals related to these key roadmaps.
- Moisture Managed High-R Envelopes
- Optimized Low-Load Comfort Solutions
- Smarter Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Building America research teams are selected through a competitive process initiated by a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA). Learn about former Building America projects.