The Strategic Programs Division establishes, develops, and maintains Department-wide policies, regulations, standards, and procedures pertaining to acquisition and to include:
- leveraging the Department’s large buying requirements to purchase more cost effectively and efficiently through the Energy-Wide Strategic Sourcing (EWSS) Program by implementing strategic sourcing processes on a Department-wide basis, driven by strategic planning, an in-depth understanding of internal purchasing needs, and insight and knowledge of supply markets;
- manages the Department’s Government Purchase Card (PCard) Program, including development and implementation of policy and oversight of PCard usage, liaison with issuing banks, liaison with Field Offices and major DOE contractors on PCard usage, data mining and analysis of the Department’s use of PCards;
- manages Commercial Services to include Competitive Sourcing (public-private competitions, A-76), designation of High Performing Organizations (HPO), Business Process Reengineering (BPR), and Insourcing (federalizing functions currently performed by contractors) as part of the Multi-Sector Workforce (MSWF);
- manages the Department’s Procurement Evaluation and Re-engineering Team (PERT) that provides procurement system reviews, procurement process improvement, knowledge management, training, performance measurement and management, and other related business management initiatives, studies, and other projects.
- and develops and provides guidance on the yearly FAIR Act Inventory of DOE FTEs, to include maintaining prior year submissions, operate as the Departmental challenge Official, support the appeal process, and continuously improve the inventory to permit its use in planning and executing human capital initiatives.
The links below will guide you through the rest of our website.