The Office of Quality Assurance is responsible for DOE's quality assurance (QA) policy and requirements, and for providing assistance with QA implementation. DOE's QA requirements are found in a regulation for nuclear facilities/activities 10 CFR 830, Subpart A and DOE O 414.1D, Quality Assurance, for all other applications. Guidance for implementing the requirements is found in: DOE G 414.1-1B, G 414.1-2B, G 414.1-3, G 414.1-4 and portions of G 450.4-1. The Office also represents DOE's interests on international and national quality standards committees and conformity assessment bodies (third-party quality/environmental management system accreditation) and participates in DOE and contractor QA organizations.
Policy, Regulation, Orders, Guides, and Standards:
- Quality Assurance in the Department of Energy - DOE has established Quality Policy, Principles and Value Added Requirement Attributes that apply to all work and are focused on performance, customer expectations, and improvement.
- 10 CFR 830, Nuclear Safety Management
- DOE O 414.1D, Quality Assurance
- DOE G 414.1-1B, Management and Independent Assessments Guide for Use with 10 CFR Part 830, Subpart A, and DOE O 414.1C, Quality Assurance; DOE M 450.4-1, Integrated Safety Management System Manual; and DOE O 226.1A, Implementation of Department of Energy Oversight Policy
- DOE G 414.1-2B, Quality Assurance Program Guide
- DOE G 414.1-4 - Safety Software Guide for Use with 10 CFR 830, Subpart A, Quality Assurance Requirements, and DOE O 414.1C, Quality Assurance
- DOE O 450.2, Integrated Safety Management
- Project Management Quality Assurance Guide, GPG 017
- DOE O 226.1B, Implementation of Department of Energy Oversight Policy
- DOE/NNSA Weapon Quality Policy (QC-1)
- DOE-STD-3020-2005, Specification for HEPA Filters used by DOE Contractors