All Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (OE) projects are reviewed under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) of 1969 – 42 U.S.C. Section 4321 et seq.
The Department of Energy regulations that implement NEPA require OE to determine whether a proposal requires preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), an Environmental Assessment (EA), or a Categorical Exclusion (CX).
Additional information on the Department of Energy National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) implementation , current DOE NEPA events, an electronic archive of DOE NEPA documents and other NEPA resources is available for practioners and members of the public.
Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
An EIS is required for every recommendation or report on proposals for legislation and other major federal actions significantly affecting the quality of the human environment.
- 2/11/2011—Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement and Conduct Public Scoping Meetings, and Notice of Floodplains and Wetlands Involvement; Northern Pass Transmission LLC
- 6/18/2010—Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement and To Conduct Public Scoping Meetings, and Notice of Floodplains and Wetlands Involvement; Champlain Hudson Power Express, Inc.
- 2/18/2009—Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement: Energia Sierra Juarez U.S. Transmission, LLC
An Environmental Assessment (EA) is a concise public document that provides sufficient evidence and analysis for determining whether to prepare an environmental impact statement or a finding of no significant impact.
A Categorical Exclusion refers to a category of actions that the Department of Energy has determined do not individually or cumulatively have a significant effect on the human environment.
- 09/18/2012--Rainbow Energy Marketing Corp CN (EA-296-B)
- 09/18/2012--Dynasty Power, Inc. Export Authorization CN (EA-385)
- 06/12/2012--NRG Power Mktg Export Authorization MX (EA-384)
- 05/18/2012--Pilot Power Group Inc Export Authorization MX (EA-383)
- 12/23/2011--2012 National Electric Transmission Congestion Study
- 11/30/2010--EDF Trading N.A. Export Authorization MX (EA-373)
- 11/18/2010--Twin River Paper Company Export Authorization CN (PP-366)
- 11/10/2010--Vitol Inc. Export Authorization CN (EA-370)
- 08/12/2010--Brookfield Energy Marketing Export Authorization CN (EA-368)
- 06/17/2010--EDF Trading N.A. Export Authorization CN (EA-367)
- 06/09/2010--Centre Lane Trading Export Authorization CN (EA-365)
- 04/26/2010--Aquilon Power Limited Export Authorization CN (EA-361)
- 04/26/2010--Noble Americas Gas and Power Export Authorization MX (EA-363)
- 04/22/2010--Noble Americas Gas and Power Export Authorization CN (EA-364)
- 01/08/2010--Smart Grid Investment Grant Program (EISA 1306).
- 09/01/2009--Smart Grid Investment Grant Program (EISA 1306).
- 11/06/2009--State/Regional/Local Assistance for Interconnection Transmission Planning and Analysis
- 08/26/2009--Workforce Development
- 07/07/2009--Smart Grid Investment Grant Program (EISA 1306)
- 07/01/2009--Interoperability Standards and Framework (EISA Sec. 1305)
- 03/30/2009--American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act) Program Direction