Technical assistance is provided through national laboratories, regional and national associations of state decision-makers, and federal government staff. OE provides technical assistance in response to requests from eligible entities.
Requests for assistance can be submitted directly to the OE program contacts. Requests may also be made through a national or regional organization (see examples below).
Assistance from OE to states, regions, and Tribes can range from quick response consultation to highly technical workshops or studies, as appropriate and as available resources allow.
Eligible entities include:
- State public utility commissions
- State legislatures
- Regional associations of states
- Federal officials
- Governors' offices
- State energy offices
- Governing boards of public power and cooperative utilities
Participating National and Regional Organizations
Some participating national and regional organizations include:
- National Association of Regulatory Commissioners (NARUC)
- National Governors' Association (NGA)
- National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO)
- National Council of State Legislatures (NCSL)
- National Council on Electricity Policy (NCEP)
- Midwest Governors' Association (MGA)
- Western Governors' Association/Western Interstate Energy Board (WGA/WIEB)