Helping to Ensure a Secure and Reliable Flow of Energy to the Nation
Applying the Department of Energy's technical expertise to help ensure the security, resiliency and survivability of key energy assets and critical energy infrastructure.
We work with the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and other national, regional, state, and local government and commercial organizations to:
- Support the national critical infrastructure protection program
- Analyze infrastructure vulnerabilities and recommend preventive measures
- Help other agencies prepare for and respond to energy emergencies and minimize the consequences of an emergency
- Conduct emergency energy operations during a declared emergency or national security special event in accordance with the National Response Plan and
- Develop, implement, and maintain a national energy cybersecurity program.
To read the latest Emergency Situation Reports, click here.