Recently released reports, presentations, and other materials are available for download:
- Energy Sector Cybersecurity Framework Implementation Guidance (January 2015)
Providing guidance to help the energy sector establish or align existing cybersecurity risk management programs to meet the objectives of the Cybersecurity Framework released by the National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST) in February 2014.
- Energy Storage Safety Strategic Plan (December 2014)
Providing a roadmap for grid energy storage safety that addresses the range of grid-scale, utility, community, and residential energy storage technologies being deployed across the Nation.
- Evaluating Electric Vehicle Charging Impacts and Customer Charging Behaviors: Experiences from Six Smart Grid Investment Grant Projects (December 2014)
Providing results of six SGIG projects to help individual utilities determine how long existing electric distribution infrastructure will remain sufficient to accommodate demand growth from electric vehicles, when and what type of capacity upgrades or additions may be needed, When consumers want to recharge vehicles, and to what extent pricing and incentives can encourage consumers to charge during off-peak periods.
- The Future of the Grid: Evolving to Meet America’s Needs (December 2014)
Capturing the vision of the future electric grid and the associated potential changes in the utility business and regulatory models, as articulated by regional workshop and National Summit participants.
- Smart Grid Investments Improve Grid Reliability, Resilience, and Storm Responses (November 2014)
Presenting findings on smart grid improvements in outage management, based on the recent experiences of three SGIG projects in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Tennesee.