Recently released reports, presentations, and other materials are available for download:
- Workflow for Factors Affecting PMU Installation Costs (October 2014)
Investigating the major cost factors that affected PMU installation costs for the synchrophasor projects funded through the Recovery Act Smart Grid Programs, with data compiled through interviews with the nine projects that deployed production grade synchrophasor systems.
- Municipal Utilities' Investment in Smart Grid Technologies Improves Services and Lowers Costs (October 2014)
Featuring three municipal utilities that built upon prior smart grid experiences to implement new capabilities in more comprehensive ways than many other utilities implementing smart grid deployments for the first time, with benefits including improved operating efficiencies, lower costs, shorter outages, and reduced peak demands and electricity consumption.
- Customer Participation in the Smart Grid: Lessons Learned (September 2014)
Highlighting the experiences of four Smart Grid Investment Grant projects with customer education and outreach: Central Maine Power, Entergy New Orleans, Reliant Energy Retail Services, and Sioux Valley Energy.
- Inventory of Safety-Related Codes and Standards for Energy Storage Systems (September 2014)
Offering a compilation of all currently applicable codes. In addition, twelve lessons learned from developers who have completed storage deployment activities and complied with applicable codes are provided.
- Overview of Development and Deployment of Codes, Standards and Regulations Affecting ESS Safety in the US (August 2014)
Providing an introduction to the development and deployment of codes standards and regulations as they affect energy storage safety and serves as a tutorial for the storage user or provider.
- 2014 Smart Grid System Report (August 2014)
Providing an update on the status of smart grid deployment nationwide, technological developments, and barriers that may affect the continued adoption of the technology
- Energy Emergency Preparedness Quarterly (EEPQ) - Volume 3, Issue 2 (Spring/Summer 2014)
Highlighting a few of the OE/ISER energy preparedness activities that occured in the last two quarters.
- 2014 Smart Grid R&D Peer Review Presentations (June 2014) (June 2014)
Including presentations of the June 2014 Smart Grid R&D Peer Review held at the Brookhaven National Laboratory in Upton, NY.
- 2014 Resilient Electric Distribution Grid R&D Workshop (June 2014)
- Including the final report and other materials from the 2014 Resilient Electric Distribution Grid R&D Workshop held at the Energy Department's Brookhaven National Laboratory in Upton, NY.
- 2014 Advanced Grid Modeling Program Peer Review Presentations (June 2014)
Including presentations of the June 2014 Advanced Grid Modeling Program Peer Review held in Arlington, VA.
- Year-in-Review: 2013 Energy Infrastructure Events and Expansions (May 2014)
Providing a summary of significant energy disruptions and infrastructure changes that occurred in the United States throughout 2013.
- Cybersecurity Procurement Language for Energy Delivery Systems (April 2014)
Providing baseline cybersecurity procurement language for use by asset owners, operators, integrators, and suppliers to assist with embedding cybersecurity in the procurement of energy delivery systems.
- Large Power Transformers and the U.S. Electric Grid Report Update (April 2014)
Including updated information about global electrical steel supply conditions and discussing the increased domestic production of large power transformers; the historical assessment of risks to power transformers; and new government and industry efforts to augment risk management options for critical electricity infrastructure.