Recently released reports, presentations, and other materials are available for download:
- Energy Emergency Preparedness Quarterly Vol 3 Issue 1 (January 2014)
Highlighting a few of the OE/ISER energy preparedness activities that occur each quarter.
- Integrating Electricity Subsector Failure Scenarios into a Risk Assessment Methodology (December 2013)
Providing guidance to utilities on developing and implementing a risk assessment process using the failure scenarios developed by the National Electric Sector Cybersecurity Organization Resource (NESCOR) program.
- Grid Energy Storage (December 2013)
Highlighting potential options to improve energy storage, including a number of specific actions that could help maintain both scientific advancements and a pipeline of project deployments.
- Smart Grid Investment Grant (SGIG) Program - Progress Report II (October 2013)
Including new information on expenditures, installations of technologies and systems, grid impacts, lessons learned, and accomplishments in cybersecurity and interoperability.
- Synchrophasor Technologies and their Deployment in the Recovery Act Smart Grid Programs (August 2013)
Describing synchrophasor technologies, systems, and related software applications and basic aspects of the Recovery Act-funded projects that are deploying synchrophasor technologies and systems.
- Economic Benefits of Increasing Electric Grid Resilience to Weather Outages (August 2013)
Estimating the annual cost of power outages caused by severe weather between 2003 and 2012 and describing various strategies for modernizing the grid and increasing grid resilience
- Year-in-Review: 2012 Energy Infrastructure Events and Expansions (July 2013)
Providing a summary of significant energy disruptions and infrastructure changes that occurred in the United States throughout 2012.
- DOE/EPRI 2013 Electricity Storage Handbook in Collaboration with NRECA (July 2013)
Helping rural cooperative engineers, planners, and decision makers to plan and implement energy storage projects.
- Comparing the Impacts of Northeast Hurricanes on Energy Infrastructure (April 2013)
Comparing 2011's Hurricane Irene and 2012's Hurricane Sandy.
- Economic Impact of Recovery Act Investments in the Smart Grid (April 2013)
Analyzing the economy-wide impacts of the Recovery Act funding for smart grid project deployment in the United States, administered by Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability.