You are here

Contact Us

Mailing Address:
U.S. Department of Energy
Office of Legacy Management
1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20585

(202) 586-3559

(202) 586-1540


Technical Assistance:



The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) administers the EEOICPA Program. For information on how to submit an EEOICPA claim, please go to:

U.S. Department of Labor, Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation

DOE's role is to provide requested record information to DOL. Individuals may request their own EEOICPA record information by submitting a Privacy Act request through the DOE Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Office.

Requests are to be submitted in writing to:

Chief Freedom of Information Act Officer
U.S. Department of Energy
1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20585

Records requests for other individuals can be submitted through a FOIA request through the DOE Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Office in writing to the address above or electronically by completing the DOE Headquarters FOIA Request Form.

FOIA and Privacy Act Requests

FOIA Requests

FOIA Requester Service Center
1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Mail Stop MA-90
Washington, DC 20585

Or by facsimile at (202) 586-0575. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (202) 586-5955.

Privacy Act Requests

Privacy Act requests can not be submitted electronically. They must be submitted in writing or in person to:

U.S. Department of Energy
Privacy Act Request Office
Room GB-172/FORS
1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC  20585

Be sure to include as much information as you can about when and where you worked, what records you are requesting, sign the request, and include copies of 2 forms of ID or a photo ID.

You must either have your request notarized or 1) acknowledge that you understand the criminal penalty in the Privacy Act for requesting or obtaining access to records under false pretenses, and 2) include a declaration that your statement is true and correct under penalty of perjury.

Additional information and guidelines can be accessed at: