Assure personnel health and safety through regularly scheduled inspections and maintenance on pressure vessels and equipment, compressed gases and gas cylinders, vacuum equipment and systems, hydraulics, and cryogenic materials and systems.
- BN inspects, operates and safely stores unmodified compressed-gas or liquid cylinders approved by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the appropriate regulators.
- BN inspects, operates and maintains refrigeration systems that comply with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes, and applicable Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI) standards.
- BN inspects, operates and maintains pressure systems that operate at an MAWP that is less than one atmospheric pressure. (Design guidance for these systems is given in the ASME Unified Pressure Vessel Code and the Mechanical Engineering Design Safety Standards M-012, Section 3.3, "Vacuum Systems.") However, the requirements do apply to vacuum systems that may be pressurized (i.e., for purging, or back-filling).
- BN inspects, operates and maintains ASME coded air-pressure tanks, liquefied petroleum gas tanks, anhydrous-ammonia tanks, and fired steam boilers that periodically in accordance with Unfired Pressure Vessel Safety Orders or Boiler and Fired Pressure Vessel Safety Orders.
- BN ensures the safety of personnel through a definitive training program on pressurized systems.