Presenter: Mick Wiest, B&W Y-12 Technical Services, L.L.C., Y-12 National Security Complex
- Surface Water Protection – Best Management Practices
- Primary water way that serves as receiving stream for Y-12, East Fork Poplar Creek (EFPC)
- Y-12’s large process buildings are still there, which also served in support of the Cold War programs.
- The site grows to over 500 buildings, with over 250 outfalls to the creek.
- Wastewater treatment facilities constructed, and a plant-wide project to remove sinks, tanks, and drains with ties to the creek.