The 2008 DOE Vehicle Technologies Office Annual Merit Review was held February 25-28, 2008 in Bethesda, Maryland. The review encompassed all of the work done by the Vehicle Technologies Office: a total of 280 individual activities were reviewed, by a total of just over 100 reviewers. A total of 1,908 individual review responses were received for the technical reviews, and an additional 29 individual review responses were received for the plenary session review.
The objective of the meeting was to review the FY 2007 accomplishments and FY 2008 plans for the Vehicle Technologies Office, and provide an opportunity for industry, government, and academic to give inputs to DOE on the program with a structured and formal methodology. The meeting also provided attendees with a forum for interaction and technology information transfer.
The results from the review are contained in the following report.
The document is very large; it has been divided into sections for easier use. Each section is available as an Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- Entire document in one file
- Cover and Contents
- 1. Plenary Session
- 2. Applied Battery Research
- 3. Battery Development, Testing, Simulation, and Analysis
- 4. Exploratory Battery Research
- 5. Advanced Power Electronics
- 6. Solid State Energy Conversion
- 7. Combustion Research
- 8. High-Efficiency Clean Combustion and Enabling Technologies
- 9. Emission Control/Aftertreatment
- 10. Fuels Technologies
- 11. Lightweight Materials
- 12. Propulsion Materials
- 13. Health Impacts
- 14. Vehicle Systems and Simulation
- 15. Deployment
- 16. Technology Integration/Education
- 17. Acronyms
- 18. Cross-Reference of Project Investigators, Projects, and Organizations
- Disclaimer and Back Cover