The SunShot Initiative issues competitive solicitations that fund selective research projects aimed at transforming the ways the United States generates, stores, and utilizes solar energy.
The targeted strategies supported by the SunShot Initiative include activities that seek to:
- Shorten the amount of time needed to move promising new solar photovoltaic and concentrating solar power technologies from development to commercialization
- Increase efficiency, reduce production costs, and open new markets for solar energy
- Foster collaboration for utility-scale solutions and clear the way for high-penetration solar
- Strengthen the U.S. supply chain for solar manufacturing and commercialization of cutting-edge solar technologies
- Invest in education, policy analysis, and technical assistance to remove critical barriers
- Develop a well-trained workforce to foster U.S. job creation in the solar industry.
SunShot's mission is to make it faster, easier, and cheaper for Americans to choose solar energy in their daily lives. Learn more about every project in our portfolio in the 2014 SunShot Initiative Portfolio Book.