To accomplish the goals of the SunShot Initiative, the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance.
To receive notice of new funding opportunities from SunShot, please subscribe to our email newsletter mailing list.
Open SunShot Funding Opportunities
Funding Opportunity Announcement: Enabling Extreme Real-Time Grid Integration of Solar Energy (ENERGISE)
Full applications due August 26, 2016
The ENERGISE funding program will develop distribution planning and operation solutions to enable dynamic, automated, and cost-effective management of distributed and variable generation sources, like solar, onto the grid. These software and hardware solutions will be highly scalable, data-driven, and capable of real-time system operation and planning. Solutions developed under ENERGISE will enable grid operators to gather up-to-the-minute measurement and forecast data from distributed energy sources and optimize system performance using sensor, communications, and data analytics technologies. Learn more.
Closed Funding Opportunities -- Applications Now in Review
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Solar Energy Evolution and Diffusion Studies II - State Energy Strategies (SEEDSII-SES)
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: SunShot Technology to Market "Incubator 11, SolarMat 4"
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: CSP: Concentrating Optics for Lower Levelized Energy Costs (COLLECTS)
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Photovoltaic Research and Development (PVRD)
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) FY 2016 Phase I Release 2
- Call for Proposals: DuraMat Consortium