To accomplish the goals of the SunShot Initiative, the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance.
To receive notice of new funding opportunities from SunShot, please subscribe to our email newsletter mailing list.
Open SunShot Funding Opportunities
- SunShot Prize: Race to 7-Day Solar -- Applications due July 22, 2015
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Solar Bankability Data to Advance Transactions and Access (SB-DATA) -- Applications due July 31, 2015
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Solar Training and Education for Professionals (STEP) -- Applications due August 14, 2015
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: CSP: Concentrating Optics for Lower Levelized Energy Costs (COLLECTS) -- Applications due August 25, 2015
Applications Now in Review
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Solar Powering Communities by Recognizing Communities (SPARC) -- Mandatory concept papers were due March 5, 2015
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: SunShot Technology to Market “Incubator 10, SolarMat 3, and SUNPATH 2” -- Mandatory concept papers were due March 3, 2015
- EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards -- Solar energy project applications were due May 7, 2015