The Federal Energy Management Program worked with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop 14 water-efficiency best management practices to help agencies increase water efficiency and meet Federal requirements. Each best management practice provides operation and maintenance improvements and retrofit and replacement options. Use these best management practices to get project ideas on how to increase efficiency and reduce water consumption.
- Water Management Planning
- Information and Education Programs
- Distribution System Audits, Leak Detection, and Repair
- Water-Efficient Landscaping
- Water-Efficient Irrigation
- Toilets and Urinals
- Faucets and Showerheads
- Boiler and Steam Systems
- Single-Pass Cooling Equipment
- Cooling Tower Management
- Commercial Kitchen Equipment
- Laboratory and Medical Equipment
- Other Water Intensive Processes
- Alternate Water Sources
For additional best managment practices, see EPA's WaterSense at Work website.