Federal agencies are required to meet energy management mandates outlined by the following federal legal authorities. Click on a title to read the full text of each legal authority.
- Executive Order 13693: Planning for Federal Sustainability in the Next Decade
- Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007
- Energy Policy Act of 2005
- Executive Order 13221: Energy-Efficient Standby Power Devices
- Energy Policy Act of 1992
- National Energy Conservation Policy Act
A list of goals included on the Office of Management and Budget Sustainability/Energy Scorecard is also available.