The Office of Worker Safety and Health Policy (AU-11) is again coordinating Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) and Radiological Worker II training with the Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA) Training and Education Fund
You need to follow your office procedures for registering in CHRIS. There is no charge to participate in either safety training course.
All four class sizes are limited to the first 30 students and begin at 8:00 AM daily.
1) HAZWOPER initial 40 hour training will be held June 19-23, 2017 in Germantown at the Holiday Inn Express hotel.
- CHRIS: Course number 000226 and session number is 0026.
2) HAZWOPER refresher 8 hour training will be held June 27, 2017 in Germantown at the Holiday Inn Express hotel
- Participants must have completed initial or refresher HAZWOPER training and MUST bring their current certification card to class to demonstrate validation. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- CHRIS: Course number 00095 and session number is 0347.
3) Radiological Worker II Challenge Exam will be held June 28, 2017 in Germantown at the Holiday Inn Express hotel.
- The Radiological Worker Challenge will consist of a written examination and a hands-on practical dress-out. There will not be any review given prior to the test.
- CHRIS: Course number 000205 and session number is 0033.
4) Radiological Worker II initial 24 hour training will be held June 26-28, 2017 in Germantown at the Holiday Inn Express hotel.
- CHRIS: Course number 000204 and session number is 0069.
AU contractor employees should contact Dev Dhillon, 301-903-0990, to register for the courses.