Innovative solar companies to participate in show floor activities and showcase event
The U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative will sponsor Start-Up Alley at Solar Power International (SPI) in Las Vegas, Nevada from September 10–13. SPI is an annual solar energy conference and trade show that attracts over 18,000 professionals and 600 business from across the solar energy industry. The partnership will enable emerging solar companies to display their cutting-edge technologies at a special spot on the show floor.
SunShot Start-Up Alley will feature businesses that have received awards from SunShot's small business portfolio. These businesses are developing early-stage technologies aimed at lowering the cost of solar—from software solutions that address challenges in solar financing, grid integration, and customer adoption to hardware solutions to lower the cost of storage and grid integration.
Additionally, SunShot will host a showcase event that will allow Start-Up Alley participants to explain their innovative offerings to SPI attendees, while gaining feedback from industry leaders. The SunShot Start-Up Showcase will be held on Tuesday, September 12 from 10 am–4:15 pm at the Innovation Theater.
"We are excited to launch this new partnership at Solar Power International," said SunShot Director Charlie Gay. "These companies are addressing challenges that the solar industry will face 10, 15 years down the road. By participating in this conference, these leaders will be better equipped to ensure their innovations are matched with the right industry stakeholders."
The following companies will participate in SunShot Start-Up Alley:
- Certain Solar: Palo Alto, California
- EdgePower: Aspen, Colorado
- eIQ Energy, Inc.: Santa Clara, California
- Energy Sense Finance/Ei Value: Tampa, Florida
- Extensible Energy: Lafayette, California
- Nhu Energy, Inc.: Tallahassee, Florida
- Operant Solar: Santa Rosa, California
- PowerScout: Oakland, California
- ProjectEconomics Inc: Brooklyn, New York
- SenSanna Incorporated: Arnold, Maryland
- Solar Dynamics LLC: Broomfield, Colorado
- Soliculture: Scotts Valley, California
- Solstice: Boston, Massachusetts
- Tessolar Inc.: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- WattGlass, Inc: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Learn more about these companies on the conference website.
About the SunShot Initiative
The U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative is a national effort to drive down the cost of solar electricity and support solar adoption. SunShot aims to make solar energy a low cost electricity source for all Americans through research and development efforts in collaboration with public and private partners. Learn more at energy.gov/sunshot.