You are here
The Information and Technology Services Office (ITSO) is an area of the Office of Business Operations that provides administrative support to the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). ITSO’s mission is to provide a foundation of information technology and business management systems to support development and deployment of innovative energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and practices.
ITSO has two teams that support this mission: Information Technology and Business Management Systems. These teams lead the development and implementation of information and business management systems that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of EERE’s business processes and operations. This includes the following:
- Conducting assessments of EERE programs and management approaches and formulating findings, recommendations, and action plans to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of EERE's management of programs.
- Implementing and adhering to program and project management best business practices to enhance EERE's ability to implement research, development, demonstration, and deployment projects by accelerating commercialization and maximizing deployment.
- Developing and maintaining information technology systems, hardware, software, and associated policies that support the EERE mission requirements in a cost-effective manner.
- Streamlining and standardizing processes and procedures and providing more systematic management of program and project data, resulting in the technology offices requiring less time to reinvent new requirements or reports for management requests.
- Ensuring the security of EERE information and information systems.
- Maintaining compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act, National Institute of Standards and Technology guidance, Office of Management and Budget, and DOE cyber security directives.