Yucca Mountain Archival Documents From the Former Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management
President Obama and the Department of Energy are working to restart America's nuclear industry to help meet our energy and climate challenges and create thousands of new jobs. The Administration is fully committed to ensuring that long-term storage obligations for nuclear waste are met.
The President has made clear that Yucca Mountain is not an option for waste storage. The Blue Ribbon Commission on America's Nuclear Future, led by Congressman Lee Hamilton and General Brent Scowcroft, has conducted a comprehensive review of policies for managing the back end of the nuclear fuel cycle, and has offered recommendations for developing a safe, long-term solution to managing the Nation's used nuclear fuel and nuclear waste.
Archival documents that were previously posted on the website for the Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management can be found online here: http://energy.gov/list-yucca-mountain-archival-documents. Additional Yucca Mountain license application-related documents are available through the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Licensing Support Network Web site. You may also wish to visit the NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS) Web site.
The license application is available to the public in hard copy at the following locations:
- Beatty Library District, 4th Street and Ward, Beatty, NV 89003, (775) 553-2257
- Atomic Testing Museum, Public Reading Room, Frank H. Rogers Building, 755 E. Flamingo Road, Suite 103, Las Vegas, NV 89119, (702) 794-5117
- DOE Forrestal Public Reading Room, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW, Room 1G-033, Washington, DC 20585, (202) 586-3142
- Pahrump Community Library, 701 S. East Street, Pahrump, NV 89048, (775) 727-5930
- Amargosa Valley Public Library, 829 E. Farm Road, Amargosa, NV 89020, (775) 372-5340