The Secretary of Energy Advisory Board (SEAB) Task Force on FracFocus 2.0 is composed of individuals with expertise and experience charged with reviewing how FracFocus 2.0 houses the information Federal and State regulatory agencies require as part of their regulatory functions with regard to disclosure of the composition and quantities of fracturing fluids injected into unconventional oil and gas wells.
Purpose of the Task Force:
The SEAB FracFocus 2.0 Task Force will examine the following:
- Operating procedures of FracFocus 2.0.
- How procedures and interfaces allow for timely, complete, and accurate data storage in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of the breadth of data housed in FracFocus 2.0 and the extent of exemption of information as being proprietary.
- Data handling and retention practices compared to Federal standards.
- Usefulness to regulatory officials and interested members of the public to access information contained in the FracFocus 2.0 database.
- Potential to expand FracFocus to include any well-water quality data collected prior to well stimulation and post-production.
- The adequacy of existing funding mechanism and suggestion of possible alternative arrangements.
Public comments recieved on the FracFocus 2.0 TF Report are available here.
SEAB Frac Focus 2.0 Task Force Members:
- John Deutch, Chair*
- Frances Beinecke, Natural Resources Defense Fund*
- Fred Krupp, Environmental Defense Fund
- Susan Tierney, Analysis Group
- Stephen Holditch, Texas A&M
- Rafael Bras, Georgia Tech*
- Ram Shenoy, ConocoPhilips*
- Dan Reicher, Taylor-Steyer Center at Stanford Law*
- Persis Drell, ex-officio member*
Designated Federal Officer:
Amy Bodette, Deputy Director, Office of Secretarial Boards and Councils