100% of the added value
Florida provides a property tax exemption for residential photovoltaic systems, wind energy systems, solar water heaters, and geothermal heat pumps installed on or after January 1, 2013. For the purpose of assessing property taxes for a home, an increase in the just value of the property attributable to the installation of this equipment should be ignored. The exemption applies to the following types of equipment used as part of a solar, wind or geothermal system:
* Solar energy collectors, photovoltaic modules, and inverters.
* Storage tanks and other storage systems, excluding swimming pools used as storage tanks.
* Thermostats and other control devices.
* Heat exchange devices.
* Pumps and fans.
* Roof ponds.
* Freestanding thermal containers.
* Pipes, ducts, refrigerant handling systems, and other equipment used to interconnect such systems; however, such equipment does not include conventional backup systems of any type
* Windmills and wind turbines.
* Wind-driven generators.
* Power conditioning and storage devices that use wind energy to generate electricity or mechanical forms of energy.
* Pipes and other equipment used to transmit hot geothermal water to a dwelling or structure from a geothermal deposit.
This exemption applies to assessments beginning January 1, 2014, and for equipment installed on or after January 1, 2013.