The lesser of 50% of the eligible project cost or the maximum incentive amount from the
Rebate caps are adjusted according to MID's electric rate schedule they vary from $10,000 - $500,000. Exemptions from rebate caps can be requested.
On Peak Lighting: $200/kW reduced or $.05/kWh reduced
Off Peak Lighting: $0.02/kWh reduced
Air Conditioning & Refrigeration: $500/kW reduced or $0.10/kWh reduced
Other Equipment: $350/kW reduced or $.07/kWh reduced
(The kWh reduction is during the first year and the kW reduction is during the peak period, if applicable.)
The MPower Custom Rebate Program is available to larger commercial, industrial or agricultural customers that replace existing equipment or systems with high efficiency equipment. To be eligible for this program, replacement projects must meet the following requirements:
- Reduce electrical energy usage,
- Operate for a minimum of 5 years after installation,
- Exceed current California Title 24 Standards where applicable,
- Be installed i accordance with all applicable local, state and national codes and ordinances,
- Not begin project work prior to receiving rebate acceptance letter from MID,
- Must not qualify for MPower Express or MPower Custom Lighting rebate programs
Applicants may be subject to a pre-installation inspection and post-installation inspection of project area and equipment. There is also a minimum rebate amount of $250 or $100 for the Lighting Custom Rebate. For specific program details and instructions on how to apply, customers should download the custom rebate catalogs located on the program web site (custom rebate found here and the lighting custom rebate application can be found here).