The maximum total amount of financing for projects under this program is $150 million. Capital costs and project-development costs are eligible. Interest rates are fixed and will be determined at the time the application is approved by Banc of America. Loans will be collateralized by way of equipment, or other collateral or credit enhancements required by Banc of America.
The following conditions apply:
- Financing is available for customer-side projects with a minimum capacity of 50 kilowatts (kW) or greater
- The generator must have begun operation after January 1, 2006.
- New or incremental capacity is eligible for financing. Existing capacity is not eligible.
- Financing is available to the owner or owners of a qualified project.
- Financing is available to customers of Connecticut Light and Power (CL&P) and United Illuminating (UI) for projects located in these utilities' service territories.
- Financing is not available for emergency generation for hospitals, nursing homes or other facilities to the extent they are required to have emergency generation under state and federal law.
- Gas air conditioning and gas chillers are not eligible for financing.
- Financing is available for projects funded by the Connecticut Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA, previously known as the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund), and CL&P’s and UI’s energy-conservation programs.
- Power purchase agreements not eligible
To apply for financing, interested companies should work with their electric distribution company to determine project qualification and contact Lisa K. Tames with Banc of America at (646) 855-4415.