Jackson Electric Membership Corporation (EMC) is an electric cooperative that serves 194,000 in 10 northeast Georgia counties. To encourage the construction of homes that are energy efficient, Jackson EMC offers the Right Choice Savings Program. Builders who meet the certification standards of the program and build homes that meet certain energy efficiency requirements will be certified as Right Choice builders. Right Choice builders are eligible to receive the following incentives from Jackson EMC:
* Reduced or free underground service
* Third-party review of the size and design of HVAC systems
* Training and support
* Inspection and high-tech performance testing by trained technicians
* State energy code RES-CHECK compliance certificate
* A one-year comfort warranty and three-year HVAC energy usage warranty backed by Jackson EMC
For further information or to start the process of becoming a Right Choice Builder, contact Jackson EMC.