'''''This program reopened on October 3, 2011 for 2012 applications. Funding is limited and must be reserved through online application before the installation of qualifying solar water heating systems. See Gulf Power's [http://www.gulfpower.com/renewable/solarThermal.asp Solar Water Heating] web site for more information.'''''
Gulf Power offers a Solar Thermal Water Heating rebate to customers who install water heaters. This program started after the original pilot program offered in 2009. Gulf Power will provide a $1,000 rebate to residential customers using the water heater for domestic water heating purposes. Solar pool heaters are not eligible for the incentive. Interested customers should sign up for a free Home Energy Check Up through the Gulf Power web site before having the water heater installed. After installation, customers must send in a rebate application within 90 days.
The following requirements apply:
* All of Gulf Power's residential customers are eligible for the program
* Applicants will receive a home energy "check-up", complimentary of Gulf Power, as well as guidelines for successful solar thermal water heating installations and free compact fluorescent light bulbs.
* Qualifying systems must be installed and certified as operational by a contractor with a valid solar or plumbing license and according to applicable building codes.
* Qualifying systems must use new equipment.
* Qualifying systems must be certified by the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) or the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC).
* Gulf Power field staff must verify the completed installation of the qualifying system before the rebate is paid.
See the Gulf Power Company web site for more information on this program.
In addition, Gulf Power announced a Solar Thermal Water Heating Program for Low-Income Housing in January 2011. As part of this program, Gulf Power plans to install 15 water heating systems in low-income homes each year.
Qualifying systems must be certified by the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) or the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC).