Watch this video to learn more about how small businesses can get involved with the Department of Energy.
Welcome to the office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization. Our primary goal is to increase small business utilization at the Department of Energy by advocating for all small business concerns. Our office establishs goals, promulgates policy, and develops practices and programs to encourage and increase small business participation in departmental procurement opportunities. Doing business with the federal government is different than working with the private sector. All contracting and financial assistance opportunities are posted online to ensure equal opportunity.
- Learn about procurement opportunities, offered through a department-wide forecast database of contracting and subcontracting opportunities, or the Office of Science's forecast.
- Visit this page for a 101 on Doing Business with the Energy Department.
- Check out historical procurement records to research what facilities regularly purchase your products/service. Visit our Small Business Opportunity Tool today.
- Attend Outreach Events. These matchmaking events enable small businesses to meet one-on-one with agency or contractor buyers.
- Apply for the Mentor Protégé program to grow your business as a mentor or a protégé.
Questions? Please send us an email as firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (202) 586-7377.