A technical workshop on the 2009 National Electric Transmission Congestion Study was held on March 25-26, 2009 to receive input from subject matter experts on the historical transmission data and studies of future transmission projections in the Western and Eastern Interconnections.
A Federal Register Notice announcing the workshop was published on February 19, 2009.
The final agenda and conference transcripts are available below.
The 2-day conference included a welcome and introduction from DOE's David Meyer and five sessions.
- Welcome/Purpose of Workshop - David Meyer, DOE
- Session 1: Historic Congestion in the Western Interconnection
- Session 2: Historic Congestion in the Eastern Interconnection
- Session 3: Studies of Future Congestion in the Western Interconnection
- Session 4: Studies of Future Congestion in the Eastern Interconnection
- Session 5: Status Report on DOE 2009 Congestion Study