The Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability issued a new Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), Innovation for Increasing Cybersecurity for Energy Delivery Systems, on February 8. The announcement is seeking applications to conduct research, development and demonstrations leading to next generation tools and technologies that will become widely adopted to enhance and accelerate deployment of cybersecurity capabilities for the U.S energy infrastructure, including cyber secure integration of smart grid technologies.
The FOA includes six topic areas:
- Verify the integrity and facilitate deployment of energy delivery control system software and firmware updates
- Sustain critical energy delivery functions while responding to a cyber-intrusion
- Detect compromise of supply chain integrity
- Secure remote access for the energy sector
- Detect adversarial manipulation of power grid components
- Innovative technologies that enhance cybersecurity in the energy sector
Approximately $20 million is expected to be available for awards. The full text of the FOA (DE-FOA-0000797) is available for download at FedConnect.gov. Responses are due by April 5, 2013.