History of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve
July 1, 2015 11:34 AM
The Strategic Petroleum Reserve or SPR is an emergency stockpile of oil located in salt caverns in Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coasts. Learn more about the SPR, how it came to be and what it does in our latest timeline.Read The Full Story
- Buckle up for the #LabsRoadShow
June 29, 2015 11:42 AM
Join us all week for Stop One: Meet the National Labs, a virtual journey to see the people places and science of the National Labs.Read The Full Story
- Deputy Secretary Sherwood-Randall Joins Our Women @ Energy Series
- Hyliion Wins 2015 National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition, Cleantech University Prize Awardees Announced
- Launching STEM Careers through Exposure and Exploration
- 6 New Things Happening with Biofuels
- Institute for Advanced Composites Helping America Lead on Clean Energy Manufacturing
June 29, 2015
As part of the Energy Department’s effort to support U.S. businesses working to save money by saving energy, the Better Buildings Alliance’s Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign recognized 18 organizations for leading the way in efficient outdoor lighting today.
June 26, 2015Energy Department Authorizes Sabine Pass Liquefaction’s Expansion Project to Export Liquefied Natural Gas
A press release on the final authorization to allow Sabine Pass Liquefaction, LLC to export liquefied natural gas (LNG).
June 24, 2015Energy Department Issues Remaining $1.8 Billion in Loan Guarantees for Vogtle Advanced Nuclear Energy Project
To further support the construction of two advanced nuclear reactors at the Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant, the Department of Energy announced today it will issue $1.8 billion in loan guarantees to three subsidiaries of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia (MEAG Power).
June 18, 2015
June 18, 2015