The Transportation Team Uses Alternative Fueled Vehicles in HQ Fleet
- 81% of HQ Fleet is alternative fueled (FY 2014).
- HQ utilizes biodiesel (B20) fueled shuttle buses, a domestic renewable fuel derived from natural oils like soybean oil.
Recycled Paper for Copiers and Printers
- DOE Headquarters purchases a combination of 30% and 100% post-consumer recycled content paper for use in its staffed copy centers, walk-up copiers, and dedicated office printers and copiers.
- All documents procured for printing use soy ink instead of petroleum based ink, and use recycled paper.
- Soy ink is renewable and is very low in Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) which evaporate little and cause no air pollution, whereas petroleum-based inks are high in VOCs and cause air pollution when they evaporate.
Last updated 04/23/15