The Printing Team is the liaison between the U.S. Government Printing Office and the Department of Energy. It consists of an expert group of printing specialists who offer a full range of services from assistance in developing your printing requirements to the final printing, distribution and mailing of products. The printed products range from black and white to full color items. These Services are available through the Working Capital Fund.
The Printing Office produces a complete range of high-quality printed products comparable to those available from a full-service commercial enterprise. These include:
- Pamphlets and Brochures
- Public Information Materials
- Presentation and Promotional Posters
- Forms and Letterhead
- Development of Printing Requirements and Specifications
- Business Cards
- Mailing/Shipping of printed materials
- Distribution Preparation Services (labeling, consolidation and packaging)
- Automated Mail List Maintenance
In addition, this business line involves:
- Production of Government Printing Office (GPO) printed inserts to the daily Federal Register Production and duplication of various electronic informational media such as compact discs, video diskettes and magnetic tapes.
- Court reporting and transcription services
If your organization does not operate under the Working Capital Fund, you must complete a Direct-Charge Authorization Form, also available in the Printing Procurement offices, and have it certified to procure printing services.
To request services fill in the Request for Print Media Services, form HQ F 1420.7, also available at the Printing Services offices.
Publications that are to be disseminated to the public must have a completed DOE F1340.3, U.S. Department of Energy Request for Public Communication Publication Approval Form, also available in the Printing Services offices (GE-140 and R-003C), completed and signed by the Office of Public Affairs.
If requesting printing services using electronic media, GPO Form 952: Desktop Publishing-Disk Information, must be completed. This form is also available at the Printing Procurement offices, Forrestal room GE-140 and Germantown room R-003C.
If you will be submitting files for printing, here is more information on submitting electronic files.
For additional information:
Call 202-586-4328; ask for a Printing Specialist.
Printing Services Offices
Forrestal Room GE-140
Germantown Room R-003C
Click here for Printing Services Points of Contact
Field Facilities Contacts for Printing and Mail (pdf)
Printing Policy and Guidance
- Printing Services Manual (pdf) [from WCF website-coming]
- Congressional Joint Committee on Printing Web Site
- Public law 102-392, October 6,1992 (as amended by Public law 103-283, July 22, 1984) (pdf)
- Excerpt from Title 44: United States Code: Joint Committee on Printing (pdf)
- Executive Order 13101: Greening the Government Through Waste Prevention, Recycling, and Federal Acquisition (pdf) (EPA)
- Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996, Public law 104-134 (pdf)
The Printing Procurement Group hosts/provides certain publication materials for the Department of Energy. The link(s) below list the current publications available for Departmental sites to access.
|2013 Forum Minutes||2012 Forum Minutes||2011 Forum Minutes||2010 Forum Minutes|
|January 10, 2013 (pdf)||No January Teleconference||January 19, 2011 (pdf)||January 20, 2010 (pdf)|
|No February Teleconference||February 23, 2012 (pdf)||No February Teleconference||No February Teleconference|
|March 14, 2013 (pdf)||No March Teleconference||No March Teleconference||March 17, 2010 (pdf)|
|No April Teleconference||No April Teleconference||No April Teleconference||No April Teleconference|
|May 16, 2013
|May 3,2012 (pdf)||No May Teleconference||May 26, 2010 (pdf)|
|June 28, 2012 (pdf)||No June Teleconference||No June Teleconference|
|No July Teleconference||No July Teleconference||July 21, 2010 (pdf)|
|No August Teleconference||No August Teleconference||No August Teleconference|
|No September Teleconference||No September Teleconference||September 15, 2010 (pdf)|
|No October Teleconference||October 26, 2011 (pdf)||No October Teleconference|
|November 1, 2012 (pdf)||No November Teleconference||November 17, 2010 (pdf)|
|No December Teleconference||No December teleconference||No December Teleconference|
Last updated 04/01/13