The Conferencing and Special Events Group is located in room GE-140 in the Forrestal Building, and in room E-055 in the Germantown building, with office hours from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
The office supports all your conferencing needs, including:
- Conference Room Facilities and Reservations
- Conference Equipment - Speaker Phones, LCD Projectors, TV/VCR, etc.
- Broadcast Services
- Fixed Facilities
- Requesting Passport and Visa Photographs
- Cable TV Installation
Call (202) 586-6651 to schedule rooms.
Keys can be picked up Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., in Room GE-140.
Call (301) 903-4352 to schedule rooms.
Keys can be picked up Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. in room E-055.
|Forrestal Room Number||Capacity|
|GE-086 (Large Auditorium)||192|
|GJ-015 (Small Auditorium)||53|
|8E-069 (Program Review Center)||65|
|Germantown Room Number||Capacity|
- TV-Monitors: Utilized to show videos of meeting, classes or events. These can delivered to the conference rooms or to individual offices.
- Screens: Utilized with projection equipment to show large images.
- Camcorders: Utilized to video record meetings or events by the client.
- LCD Projectors: Utilized with desktop or laptop computers to project the image on the monitor onto a large screen.
- DVD Players: Utilized with a video monitor (TV) to play DVD discs.
- Podiums: Utilized to support documents and displays during meetings.
- Laser Pointer: Utilized on large projections to pinpoint specific data information.
- Speaker phones: Utilized to allow large meeting to hear an outside attendee.
- Display Boards: Utilized to display charts, graphs and pictures on 7'x10' panel board. Velcro is utilized to adhere material to the boards.
Broadcast Quality Television and Audio Production - Live and recorded production for training, conferencing, and special events.
Satellite and T-1 Transmission - Broadcast to DOE field offices, stakeholders, and news organizations.
Interactive Audio & Video for Conference Support - Video conference support for large audiences, extension of live television programming and distance learning. "Listen only" and full interactive audio connection for single or multiple off site conference participants.
Intra-facility Television Distribution - Local broadcast, news feeds for recording, display and redistribution, recorded programming, in-house live feeds on-demand to DOE/HQ facilities via Cable and Fiber transmission.
Forrestal Main Auditorium
Multi-camera television production facility capable of fully interactive audio teleconference and video conference via live video streaming, video teleconference and in-house cable distribution to DOE Headquarter facilities. All broadcast signals are in HD quality.
Forrestal Small Auditorium
Multi-camera television production facility, capable of fully interactive audio teleconference and video conference via satellite and ISDN/IP based digital transmission.
Single camera television production facility, capable of fully interactive audio teleconference and video conference via satellite and ISDN/IP based digital transmission.
TV Production Facility
Multi-camera television production facility at Forrestal, capable of fully interactive video conference via satellite and compressed digital transmission using a wide array of set configurations and backdrops.
Studio Editing (Non-Linear)
Two broadcast program editing/effects, pre-production and post-production, and graphic development suites.
Multiformat video and audio duplication of non-copyrighted DOE programming.
The Conferencing and Special Events Group supports all of your engraving needs, including:
- Desk name plate requests
- Office directory name changes
- Wall plate requests
- Room number
- Special signage
Requests for services are produced in 7 – 14 working days. (Large quantity – requests that exceed 10 nameplates may require additional time for completion).
To request engraving services please submit DOE F 4250.2 (pdf), Requisition for Supplies Equipment, or Service.
Requests are accepted via e-mail at FORconferencing@hq.doe.gov
To better serve you, please call in advance to schedule passport and visa photographs.
Passport and Visa photos can be obtained by visiting:
- Forrestal - Photography Lab located in room BH-071, (202) 586-1350.
- Germantown - Conferencing Office located in room E-055, (301) 903-4352. Germantown office hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary but call to ensure a staff person is available.
Installation of in-house cable TV for viewing of major network news channels and local programming. Requests are received by completing the Requisition for Supplies Equipment, or Service (available through this link). The requisition must be approved by the organizations Administrative Officer. Upon receive of the request, a survey will be conducted and an estimated date of installation will be provided. (Note – depending on the number of cable drops requested, additional supplies and distribution equipment may be required to complete the request).
L’Enfant Plaza, Portals III and the Reporters Building
Request for these services must be made through the Project Integration & Logistics Operations Team (MA-432). Upon approval, a site survey will be conducted and installation of the requested cable TV drops will be performed.
Requests for this service must be made through the Germantown Facilities Management Operations Group (MA-431) available through (301) 903-7050.
Use this link to the Contact Us page for the Conferencing and Special Events contacts.
Last updated 07/25/16