The account access process for PARS II relies on the Department of Energy's iManage system to verify the requestor's identity and to approve his/her request for access to a specific DOE Headquarters application, such as PARS II. Upon obtaining access to iManage Employee Self Service (ESS) system, PARS II login can be requested and the PARS II Help Desk Administrator will assign a new PARS II account to the requestor. Please follow the steps listed below to apply for a PARS II account.
1. If the federal employee or contractor does not already have an account with the Department of Energy's iManage ESS system, then the requestor must apply for an account and be approved by a local federal sponsor. To accomplish this, the requestor should click on this link: MIS Application Gateway and then select the "Request Access" menu option, enter profile information on the form, and wait for approval from the federal sponsor.
2. Once the requestor has received an account to access the MIS Application Gateway then he/she must login to the MIS Application Gateway/iManage ESS system (https://ess.doe.gov) and select "Application Access Request" option under the Services menu in the left navigation bar. Upon confirming locality and contact information continue on to select PARS II from the list of available application and provide the following information in PARS II application request from:
- Update contact information (address, phone, etc);
- Select a federal sponsor for approval (Program Office point of contact);
- Read and sign the Rules of Behavior;
- Select the appropriate PARS II Group Role;
- Enter PARS II Project Number (if applicable);
- Enter a business reason for using PARS II.
3. The request for a PARS II account will be reviewed by an approving official and by a representative from DOE OAPM and, if approved, the new PARS II account will be created and relevant information will be sent to the requestor.
Questions about using the MIS Application Gateway or iManage Employee Self Service (ESS) should be directed to ESSSupport@hq.doe.gov or by calling 301-903-0605 between the hours of 7:30 to 4:00 EST, Monday through Friday.