Headquarters Program and Staff Office Energy Conservation Plans
As part of the Department’s Energy Efficiency campaign, each Headquarters Program and Staff Office participated in a contest early in 2010 to develop the best Energy Conservation Plan. These plans involved simple changes that employees could implement as part of their daily routines to help conserve energy. Plans were then divided into categories and reviewed by a panel to determine the best plan in each category.
- Employee Participation Category: Office of Fossil Energy (FE)
- Lighting Category: Office of Management (MA)
- Copier, Scanner, Fax Category: Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EE)
- Best Overall Plan: Office of Nuclear Energy (NE)
- Computers and Monitors Category: Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management (RW) - While the RW organization no longer exists, their plan dealt with specifics on electricity consumption and is included here as a resource. This plan’s approach to saving energy is derived from an organizational development model for changing behaviors.