The team supports efforts that promote a more sustainable environment and implements pollution prevention activities in accordance with Executive Order (EO) 13423, Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management, and EO 13514, Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance, as approved by LM. The WM/P2 Team advocates environmentally sound waste minimization and pollution prevention practices.
- Inventory the waste stream.
- Prevent or reduce pollution and waste at their source.
- Use recycled-content products.
- Use less toxic or nontoxic products.
- Monitor and track progress on metrics.
- Maintain/implement a plan that integrates waste minimization and pollution prevention into LM activities.
- Provide employee awareness and training.
- Perform Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessments (PPOAs).
- Maintain an information network.
- Propose and implement initiatives.