The team evaluates and incorporates the requirements for sustainable buildings as defined in Executive Order (EO) 13423, Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management, and (EO) 13514, Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance, and DOE Order 436.1, Departmental Sustainability, and approved by LM. The team advocates the use of sustainable building practices.
The team evaluates how to locate, design, construct, maintain, and operate its buildings and facilities in a resource-efficient, sustainable, and economically viable manner, consistent with its mission. The team provides a process to evaluate sustainable building practices for any new construction, major renovation, and existing capital asset buildings in accordance with the Guiding Principles for Federal Leadership in High Performance and Sustainable Buildings set forth in the 2006 Federal Leadership in High Performance and Sustainable Buildings Memorandum of Understanding.
- Evaluate sustainable building progress.
- Establish sustainable building baselines for LM sites.
- Propose sustainable building goals/targets.
- Monitor and report sustainable building performance.
- Maintain/implement a plan that integrates sustainable building into LM activities.
- Provide ongoing employee awareness training and media campaigns.