The team facilitates the use of renewable energy sources, as deemed appropriate for LM operations and approved by LM, as defined in:
- Executive Order (EO) 13423, Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management
- EO 13514, Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance; and
- DOE Order 436.1, Departmental Sustainability
The team advocates that, to the extent feasible, energy consumed comes from new renewable sources and that LM implements renewable energy generation projects.
The team evaluates, makes recommendations, and implements approved practices to increase renewable energy use at LM sites. The team evaluates opportunities to install new cost effective, renewable energy sources that would replace existing power sources. In addition, the expanded use of utility-provided renewable energy programs will be evaluated.
- Maintain/implement a plan that integrates the use of renewable energy into LM activities.
- Prepare a hierarchical index of stated federal and DOE goals for reference, to better understand how LM goals and initiatives support stated DOE and federal goals.
- Document the status of existing LM renewable energy projects.
- Prioritize renewable energy target sites on the basis of completed LM energy baselines and existing LM renewable energy projects.
- Propose renewable energy initiatives.
- Promote awareness and training for LM and contractor employees.
- Report performance.