The team establishes an energy conservation program, as deemed appropriate for LM operations and approved by LM, as defined in:
- Executive Order (EO) 13423, Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management
- EO 13514, Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance; and
- DOE Order 436.1, Departmental Sustainability
The team incorporates requirements for energy efficiency and reductions in greenhouse gases, and it advocates conserving environmental resources and improving operational capabilities and mission sustainability.
The team evaluates how to maintain and operate its buildings and facilities in a resource-efficient, sustainable, and economically viable manner. The team strives to improve energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions through a measurable reduction of energy intensity. Energy efficiency evaluations and initiatives are implemented on the basis of cost effectiveness and feasibility.
- Maintain/implement a plan that integrates energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reductions into LM activities.
- See that larger energy loads are separately metered and estimate usage for smaller loads.
- Take steps to assure LM sites meet energy intensity baseline reductions.
- Establish and maintain an information network to stay apprised of energy efficiency innovations and developments.
- Promote energy efficiency and greenhouse gas awareness and training for LM and contractor employees.
- Propose energy conservation initiatives.
- Report metrics.