The team promotes sustainable management of LM’s electronic equipment, as deemed appropriate for LM operations and approved by LM, as defined in:
- Executive Order (EO) 13423, Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management
- EO 13514, Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance; and
- DOE Order 436.1, Departmental Sustainability
The team advocates environmentally sound electronic stewardship practices.
The team uses a life-cycle approach to reduce the negative environmental impacts posed by electronic equipment. Established processes evaluate beneficial acquisition, use, and disposition of electronic equipment.
- Propose electronic stewardship goals/targets.
- Arrange separate metering or estimate usage.
- Maintain/implement a plan that integrates electronic stewardship in LM activities.
- Use the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).
- Develop metrics to measure performance.
- Recycle electronic equipment using qualified, reputable recyclers.
- Report performance regularly.
- Promote team awareness and training for LM and contractor employees.