The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Indian Energy Policy and Programs (DOE-IE) is honored to be a Gold sponsor of the 2012 Renewable Energy Technology Conference (RETECH) October 16–19, 2012, in Washington, D.C. RETECH is THE renewable energy industry's meeting place for more than 3,000 government, utility, finance, and technology professionals in 60 countries and is the only event dedicated to delivering coverage on every discipline of renewable energy technology.
Charged by Congress to manage and coordinate Indian energy programs and initiatives, DOE-IE is working closely with Tribes to accelerate energy development in Indian Country. RETECH 2012 presents developers and others in the renewable energy industry with unparalleled opportunities to network with tribal leaders, executives, and staffs and learn about the work under way to unlock the vast untapped energy resources that exist on tribal lands.
On Tuesday, October 16, from 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. DOE-IE is hosting a day-long pre-conference workshop entitled, Tribal Renewable Energy Solutions and Partnerships: Collaborating through the Headwinds of Change. This workshop will bring together tribal and industry renewable energy leaders to:
- Receive updates on federal policy and program support for clean energy projects and initiatives in Indian Country
- Explore best practices in renewable energy and infrastructure development on tribal lands and with tribal corporations and governments, including:
- Public-private partnerships dedicated to fostering energy infrastructure solutions
- Public financing options, tools, and trends for tribal clean energy projects
- Learn about tribal clean energy marketing opportunities and the rapidly expanding federal energy marketplace
- Engage in interactive discussions with tribal leaders and others already engaged in tribal energy projects as well as those seeking collaborative partnerships for potential projects.
Directly after the pre-conference workshop from 4-5:30 p.m., we invite attendees to stay for a networking session with renewable energy companies already working in Indian Country and those seeking collaborative partnerships with Tribes and tribal corporations. This is an opportunity for Tribes key and representatives from the renewable energy industry to speak one-on-one about potential projects, ideas, and challenges.
Free Registration for Tribal Elected Leaders or Designated Representatives
As a Gold sponsor, DOE-IE is pleased to be able to extend an exclusive invitation to tribal elected leaders or their designated representatives to attend our pre-conference workshop, networking session, all conference sessions, and the exhibition free of charge. We encourage tribes to take advantage of this incredible opportunity to connect with renewable energy leaders from around the world. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested, please email DOE-IE at IndianEnergy@hq.doe.gov for additional registration information by Monday, October 8.
Discounted Registration for Tribal Government Employees and Staff
Tribal government employees and staff may register for the full RETECH conference package, including the pre-conference workshop, at the government rate of $695 on the RETECH website at www.retech2012.com.