Through a variety of cross-cutting program initiatives, the Office of International Affairs (IA) responds to the most pressing global energy challenges, ranging from energy security and market volatility to long-term efforts to reduce carbon pollution and the impacts of climate change.
IA has the primary responsibility for coordinating the efforts of diverse elements in the Department to ensure a unified voice in our international energy policy. This page highlights some of the many initiatives that drive the daily work of the Office of International Affairs.
A sample of current initiatives for IA include:
- Climate Action Plan
- Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM)
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas (ECPA)
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Turkey Near Zero Zone (NZZ)
- U.S.-Africa Energy Ministerial (AEM)
- U.S.-Canada Clean Energy Dialogue (CED)
- U.S.-China Clean Energy Research Center (CERC)
- U.S.-Israel Energy Meetings
- U.S.-India Energy Cooperation