The mission of the Performance Metrics and Budget Division (HC-51) is to support the effective and efficient implementation of the Department of Energy’s human capital initiatives and functions through the strategic integration of corporate human capital performance metrics and the budget of the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (HC).
Human capital performance measurement and strategic functions at the DOE and interagency levels include:
- Provides analytical support and strategic advice to internal and external HC stakeholders on the appropriate and effective use of performance metrics as a key to effective strategic human capital management.
- Executes full range of strategic human capital initiatives to support cross-cutting human capital reinvention, reengineering, and business process improvement.
- Works in conjunction with HC Management, DOE Human Resources Directors, the Department's Performance Improvement Officer (PIO) and others, to lead, develop, and address human capital performance metrics and resource issues.
- Executes data collection and reporting processes in compliance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance and DOE policy for internal management controls and quality assurance.
- In collaboration with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the CHCO Council, represents DOE/HC on intergovernmental working groups to develop strategies and implementation plans for government-wide human capital initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Workforce Analysis & Planning Division (HC-52) to support the strategic use of human capital data analysis and performance metrics.
Financial and resource management functions within the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (HC) organization include:
- Directs planning, oversight, integration, and management of HC financial and staff resources to include: budget formulation, integration, and execution; staffing and resource allocation; accounting; and acquisition and contract management.
- Advises and assists on all budgetary/resource policy and program issues impacting HC and its customers.
- Works in conjunction with the Department's Headquarters Procurement Office, the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and others to facilitate financial and contractual requirements.
- Leads HC acquisition/procurement and contract management.
- Oversees HC-related Working Capital Fund business lines.
- Collaborates with the Administrative Management Staff (HC-1.5) to ensure integration of financial and staff resources with administrative and support systems for HC.