This division provides strategic direction guidance and advice through analysis of budget and workforce projections and plans, congressional mandates, administration goals, Departmental priorities and mission needs.
- Develop business intelligence, demographic and trend analyses in support of corporate workforce planning and in response to requests from within the Department and from external oversight agencies;
- Analyze and evaluate workforce plans, employment trends, budget development and implementation;
- Departmental studies and human capital assessment systems;
- Develop staffing targets and track staffing management throughout the Department to identify needs for new or changing policies, programs and strategies;
- Provide advice and staff assistance on major corporate restructuring proposals;
- Review proposed organization changes and advise senior Departmental management regarding organizational issues and impacts; and
- Maintain Departmental organization charts and mission and function statements.