- Develop and oversee the implementation of policy and guidance with respect to security and emergency management.
- Foster continuous improvement across the Environmental Management (EM) complex through application of Integrated Safeguards and Security Management principles.
- Serve as a liaison with sites and other agencies on security and emergency management issues.
- Ensure the mandatory level of safeguards and security protection, with managed risk, for EM’s nuclear materials, facilities, classified material, documents and other government assets.
- Apply the Graded Security Protection (GSP) Policy and other essential Department of Energy safeguards and security requirements.
- Ensure security and emergency management policies are integrated into all aspects of EM field site operations.
- Provide effective and efficient safeguards and security solutions to EM field sites to accelerate achievement of the EM cleanup mission.
- Provide EM headquarters personnel with security support needs, including clearance processing services, security badges, management of classified documents and security awareness training.