The Department of Energy has a stringent program for protecting its workers, the public, and the environment from radiation. This web area has links to tools and aids for the radiation protection of the public. Some links apply to the clearance (i.e., radiological release) of property. “Clearance” permits real property (land and buildings) to be released from radiological control for reuse without radiation protection requirements. In addition, there is the clearance of personal property, such as, equipment, materials, wastes, and privately owned property (such as jewelry, clothing, tools, etc.) to be removed from radiological areas for continued use or reuse.
- Independent Verification
- Multi-Agency Radiation Surveys and Site Investigation manual (MARSSIM)
- Radiological Control of Property
- Real Property Release Guidance
- Residual Radioactive Materials Computer Model (RESRAD)
- Approaches used for Clearance of Lands from Nuclear Facilities among Several Countries: Evaluation for Regulatory Input