Cincinnati - The Department of Energy today issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for an Environmental Technical Services acquisition at the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant near Piketon, Ohio. The RFP proposes a cost-plus-award-fee contract for three-years with a one-time option out to five-years. The estimated cost and fee amount for the technical services contract is approximately $55-65 million.
The major support areas within the draft RFP include:
- Program Management
- Planning and Integration
- Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) and Quality Assurance (QA)
- Waste Management
- Regulatory Support
- Investment Recovery
- Nuclear Material Disposition and Nuclear Safety
- Environmental Restoration and Regulatory Compliance
- Decontamination and Decommissioning Oversight and Infrastructure Support
- Technical and Administrative Services
- Contract Management
Questions on the RFP are requested by September 20, 2012.
The current schedule for the acquisition can be found at the DOE Acquisition Forecast website (Opportunity ID DE030-13-0001).
Additional information on the RFP can be found on the Environmental Management Consolidated Business Center (EMCBC) Portsmouth Environmental Technical Services website.