Cincinnati - The Department of Energy (DOE) today awarded a task order for technical support services to TerranearPMC, LLC of Exton, PA to provide Spent Nuclear Fuel and Excess Nuclear Materials Disposition Planning technical support to the Office of Environmental Management. A time and materials task order will be issued from the master Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contract with a $1 million value and a three-year period of performance.
TerranearPMC, LLC is a small-disadvantaged business under the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Program.
The work to be performed on the task order will include:
- Provide support in the identification and development of new technologies while working collaboratively with DOE’s international partners;
- Provide specialized expertise in resolving technical challenges associated with challenging materials;
- Provide support for the development and review of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance documentation;
- Providing support to EM in managing the Foreign Research Reactor Fuel SNF Acceptance Program;
- Provide support for the New Nuclear Materials Management Policy;
- Provide expert assistance and NEPA analysis to support programmatic decisions related to acceptance, receipt and disposition paths for new or legacy SNF or excess materials; and
- Provide technical assistance to support programmatic decisions related to the capabilities, needs and options for the treatment, storage and disposition of SNF and surplus materials.
The mission of the Office of Environmental Management is to complete the safe cleanup of the environmental legacy brought about from five decades of nuclear weapons development and government-sponsored nuclear energy research.