Government Acts, Regulations, and Executive Orders
- Atomic Energy Act of 1954 - Establishes Government-wide policies for classifying, safeguarding, and declassifying Restricted Data information.
- Executive Order 13526, Classified National Security Information - Prescribes the Government-wide system for classifying, safeguarding, and declassifying NSI.
- 10 CFR Part 1045 - establishes responsiblities and requirements for classifying and declassifying RD and FRD.
Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information
- 10 CFR Part 1017, Identification and Protection of Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information - Establishes the Government-wide policies and procedures for implementing the requirements of section 148 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 concerning identifying and protecting certain unclassified but sensitive Government information that concerns atomic energy defense programs.
- DOE Order 471.1B, Identification and Protection of Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information - Establishes requirements for managing the DOE program for identifying and protecting UCNI.
Official Use Only
DOE O 471.3 Admin Chg 1, and DOE M 471.3-1 Admin Chg 1, Identification and Protection of Official Use Only Information - Establishes requirements for the DOE program to identify certain unclassified information as Official Use Only and to identify, mark, and protect documents containing such information.
- The Department of Energy's National Security Information Fundamental Classification Guidance Review
Report to the Information Security Oversight Office, June 2012
- Reports to Congress on Inadvertent Releases of Restricted Data and Formerly Restricted Data under Executive Order 12958