To determine that hoisting and rigging operations are conducted according to “industry best standards” for increasing equipment reliability while assuring worker safety, and to verify issues being addressed in BN Hoisting assessment.
- Lifts are identified and categorized appropriately for scheduled maintenance. DOE-STD-1090-2001
- An integrated process ensures safety issues are identified and controls established. DOE-STD-1090-2001
- Personnel operating and maintaining the hoisting equipment are trained; they understand their roles and responsibilities. DOE-STD-1090-2001
- Maintenance conducts safety inspections of hoisting and rigging equipment on a scheduled basis, certifying that safe operations are in compliance with good conduct of operations. DOE-STD-1090-2001
- Equipment operators comply with ”industry best standards” for operating hoisting and rigging equipment. DOE-STD-1090-2001
- Management ensures that all personnel operating hoists have been medically examined and certified as fit to perform their duties. DOE-STD-1090-2001